Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Zumba!

I joined a gym. Got a great rate too. It was chepaer than what I paid ten years ago, the last time I joined a gym. I quit after I got sciata and while I've exercised since then, I don't push myself the way I should.

They built an Anytime Fitness near my house, meaning I can exercise 24 hours a day if I want to and I decided to take the plunge. Yesterday, I took my first Zumba class.


They didn't have Zumba the last time I belonged to a gym. It's lots of fun and miraculously, I managed to last the whole hour. Of course, I had no idea what was going on, but I jumped around and waved my arms and had a ball.

I expected to be sore this morning, but to my surprise I was not. Maybe I'll become a Zumba girl.

Tonight, it's Max Blast, which I think is circuit cardo.  Friday, it's Yoga. Can't wait for that one.


What about you? Do you exercise? Belong to a gym? What's your favor class or piece of gym equipment?

4 comments:

  1. I have recently started attending a boot camp in my area. It is very fun and not very "boot camp" like. I'd love to take a Zumba class but I'm not a member of a gym. I usually run or walk outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a "gym" girl but I've always exercised. I remember the 80's and Dance 'robics -- sort of a precursor to Zumba -- and Jazzercise in the 90's. But Vegas and NC didn't offer such things so I've been using an at-home treadmill and Bowflex. Still not in shape but an hour a day keeps me sane. Good for you, though! I'd love Zumba but not sure these old bones could follow along. Maybe if we ever get to move outta NC, I'll find a class and give it a shot. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bones ain't so young, but I just do it anyway and try not to care if I look like a goofball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Wilde for Zumba too! Joan Wilde! Im a Zumba instructor in Seattle...teach for a living! Noce to meet you! You can see me on zumba.,com

    ReplyDelete