Thursday, January 26, 2012

What About Phil?

One of my favorite days is fast approaching. Can you guess what it is? February 2 is Groundhog day!



Groundhog day is way under rated. Every year, we go straight from New Year's to Valentine's Day. What about poor Punxsutawney Phil? Why do they not have groundhog decorations in the stores for him? They could have little groundhog shaped candies and cookies. There could be groundhog parades and festivals.

Oh wait, they do have all that in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.





Each year, thousands of people travel to Gobbler's Knob to watch Phil make his prediction.




They want to know if he will or will not see his shadow. If he does not see it, spring is on its way! If he does see his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter. Someday, I hope to go to Gobbler's Knob. It has been a dream of mine for a long time. I want to get one of those cute hats!


Are you one of the lucky few who have been to Punxsutawney on February 2. If so, please tell me what it was like. The rest of us can only dream of how wonderful it must be. To get a "phil" of what goes on at the Knob, visit this website  http://www.groundhog.org


2 comments:

  1. It is my dream to go to Punxsutawney on February 2nd because that's my birthday. :-) I don't have the hat but I do have a cool t-shirt and a stuffed groundhog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soul sister! Maybe someday we will live our dream!

      Delete