Monday, July 25, 2011

Road Trip

No not me. I gave in and started writing again. I guess I'm just not destined to take a vacation. I'm writing up a new series for Blaze featuring road trips.


Comedy wise, my favorite raod trip movie is probably National Lampoon Vacation. Romance-wise, hands down my favorite is It Happened One Night.

The one thing that's difficult about writing road trip romances is coming up with believable ways they can end up stranded in this day and age of cell phones and GPS. Then again, no one said a writer's job is easy.

So what's your favorite road trip story? Movie, book or real life?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, there are two and hard to pick between. One was getting to take my mom away from her stressful job for a road trip to Houston a couple years ago when I attended my first RWA Nationals. The other, and I think one of my favorite "family" memories, was the one summer my parents said, "that's it, we're bored, get in the car." We ended up driving to Wisconsin's Lake Delavan for lunch. Had a great burger and fries at a place right there on the lake, stayed for a bit to enjoy the pretty, and then drove home again.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that one of the best road trips in books I have read lately is Kristan Higgins, My One and Only...it had the heroine having to drive back from wedding with her Ex..now that made for a lot of excitement and fun. a few tears and a lot of hot times remembering when times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely road trip, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an awesome book, Kathleen. I love Kristan.

    ReplyDelete